Community Voice - Co-creating Healthy Change
Co-Creating Healthy Change, funded under Community Voices by Big Lottery, is a portfolio of ten projects working across Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan so that people are able to influence decisions about health and well-being services and co-create change in health and social care public service delivery.
Managed by Cardiff Third Sector Council in conjunction with GVS, the portfolio will operate from 2013 until 2017 to develop people’s skills, enabling them to influence decisions about the delivery of health and well-being services in their area.
The portfolio is an exciting collaboration between ten partners, which brings together their diverse skills, experience and remits to develop, and deliver, a multitude of forums, events, training sessions and activities, enhancing the community voice in shaping health and well-being service delivery.
See news updates below to keep up to date with developments.
Over the lifetime of the portfolio, partners will each be running a project focusing on a particular demographic of the Cardiff and Vale population:
- Displaced People In Action – Refugee and Asylum Seekers
- Action in Caerau and Ely – Geographic Community of Ely and Caerau
- Cardiff and Vale Action for Mental Health – Mental Health Service Users
- Hafal – Mental Health Carers
- Alzheimer’s Society – Dementia and Carers
- Gingerbread – Lone Parent Families
- Media Academy Cardiff – NEET Young People
- Cardiff Third Sector Council – Long Term Conditions
- Diverse Cymru – Seldom Heard Voices
- Cardiff People First and Vale People First – Learning Disabilities
- June 2016 - read an article about how Co-Creating Healthy Change is improving engagement and changing people's lives.
- October 2015 - Jenn Champion-Cope joined C3SC as Co-Creating Healthy Change Co-ordinator, following Kerrine's departure in August.
- July 2015 - Maxine Joseph joined us as Co-Creating Healthy Change Administrator, whilst Sian Johns moved to another role in C3SC.
- April 2015 - All projects involved attended the ‘Let’s Talk’ evaluation meeting on April 29th where they learnt what was required for self-evaluation.
- March 2015 - The Delivery Team went to the Senedd to broaden their understanding of the role of the General Assembly.
- January 2015 - It’s a New Year and a brand new chance to get healthy and stay healthy in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
- December 2014 - We're hosting a community event called 'New Year, New You - Healthy Change 2015!' at the Cardiff Story Museum on Saturday 24th January from 10am to 3pm. The event is for the whole family - please help us spread the word. Find out more about the event here.
- November 2014 - You can download the Co-Creating Healthy Change promotional leaflet here.
- October 2014 - 'Keep Calm And Come Speed Dating' event organised and run by our external evaluators, Trinity St David's. The focus is to enable better joint working at an organisational level amongst the project staff. We hope to achieve a greater understanding of each other's project objectives and activity to promote sharing of resources and best practice wherever possible.
September 2014 - The first Portfolio Advisory Group (PAG) meeting is set to take place at Butetown Community Centre where we will witness several statutory service providers coming together in support of the CCHC project. This will be an opportunity to gain further endorsement from the LSB and UHB allowing them the chance to really be a part of our work in a co-productive manner. It will also be an opportunity for Community Reference Group (CRG) representatives to establish direct lines of communication with the decision makers that are able to make a difference to the services that matter to them.
- July/August 2014 - Networking and relationship building continues as the Kerrine, the CCHC coordinator supports the portfolio to reach its full potential whilst accurately recording all outcomes achieved for the BIG Lottery End of Year Report.
- May 2014 - C3SC can confirm that, following the recruitment exercise for the Co-Creating Healthy Change Co-ordinator's post, Kerrine Phillips has successfully been appointed and will start the role from 12th May. Over the coming weeks Kerrine will focus on partnership-building work and will continue to support the project delivery partners in the lead-up to the first-year end of year reporting.
- April 2014 - Katie Cooke is leaving the portfolio mid-April. "I’ve really enjoyed working on the portfolio and being a part of it becoming established. I wish everyone involved in it all the best and am entirely confident about the amazing results it will achieve." Phil Stevens will be the interim point of contact until a new co-ordinator is appointed shortly.
- February 2014 - Every project is up and running, with all staff in post.
- January 2014 - Tender opportunity: Independent evaluation of the Big Lottery Funded Community Voice Portfolio: Co-Creating Healthy Change (Cardiff and Vale of Glamorgan) - the deadline has now passed.
- January 2014 - The Co-Creating Healthy Change blog is now live. Check it out for news, events and activities - http://co-creatinghealthychange.tumblr.com/
- December 2013 - Diverse Cymru has announced the launch events for its project: Cardiff - Thursday 16 January; Barry - Thursday 6 February.
- November 2013 - read about the launch in the Senedd on 14 November.
- November 2013 - the official launch of Co-Creating Healthy Change is taking place in the Senedd on Thursday 14 November. Read the press release here.
- September 2013 - the delivery team has now had their induction. The day went really well and was a great opportunity for everyone to meet each other and begin thinking about the portfolio as a whole and ways they might work together.
- August 2013 - all partners are well on their way with recruitment, with many now having people in post to deliver their project. We’ll be inducting all new starters to the portfolio in mid-September before looking forward to formally launching Co-Creating Healthy Change later in the year.
- May 2013 - Katie Cooke has been recruited as the co-ordinator for Co-Creating Healthy Change, the Community Voice bid that C3SC is leading on, and Sian Johns has been recruited as the part-time administrator for the project. Over the coming weeks they will be supporting the project partners to recruit and to get their projects underway.
- February 2013 - recruitment begins. C3SC is looking for a project coordinator who will coordinate the delivery of the ten projects under the Community Voice funding in Cardiff and the Vale. Once recruited, the project coordinator will support the projects through their own recruitment and project delivery, due to start in April.
- December 2012 - We've recently received confirmation that the Community Voice application to the Big Lottery Fund has been successful. Thanks to the Big Lottery for their support, and to all partners and contributors who were involved in achieving this successful outcome. The funding will enable the delivery of community focussed and led strategies to increase the voice and influence of people, communities and the third sector in the development of appropriate health and social care services across Cardiff and the Vale.
- Thursday 18 October 2012 - Following discussions with the Big Lottery Fund team, including a face-to-face assessment interview last month, the bid has now progressed to the final stage. We should be receiving confirmation of the outcome of the application in mid-December 2012. In the meantime, Richard Newton and Sheila Hendrickson-Brown would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the development, submission and support for the bid to date.
- Monday 30 July 2012 - our bid was submitted by today's deadline.
- Deadline for Stage 2 application form for projects (Appendix A) is Friday 8 June 2012.
- Monday 25 June 2012 - follow-up to group development session. Date and venue to be confirmed.
- Wednesday 13 June 2012 - stakeholder breakfast is being arranged to ensure public sector partners are fully engaged in the process.
- January 2012 - C3SC is delighted to learn that we have been awarded £25,000 to continue our application under the Big Lottery Community Voice programme. The funding will enable us to develop our portfolio bid – Co-Creating Healthy Change – putting together a detailed bid outlining how our projects will ensure that people in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan will be able to influence decisions about health and well-being services. The application will be submitted by 31st July 2012.