Cardiff Third Sector Equality and Human Rights Network
Cardiff Third Sector Council (C3SC), in partnership with Race Equality First (REF) and Diverse Cymru, invites you to join the newly developed Cardiff Third Sector Equality and Human Rights Network - bringing together the third sector in Cardiff.
The Network's proposed objectives, to be delivered through activities and events, are to:
- Bring together organisations that support people covered by the Human Rights Act 1998 and Protected Characteristics of the Equality Act 2010.
- Seek to promote and share best practice and learning.
- Raise awareness, inform, educate members and share evidence about any proposed legislative, policy or practice changes both in Wales and the UK generally.
- Provide a platform for third sector organisations to engage with others and with the Equality and Human Rights Commission - to help to ensure that the Equality and Human Right Acts are fully utilised by third sector organisations, connecting them to the frontline of their daily work.
- Influence the development of equality and human rights policy and practice in Cardiff.
Date of next meeting: to be confirmed.
News and information
- A report produced by the British Institute of Human Rights (BIHR) with input from more than 175 civil society organisations, shows that the UK Government has failed to fully meet 81 out of 85 recommendations made by the United Nations in 2012 to improve domestic human rights protections. Read the report at www.bihr.org.uk/HRCheckReport
To find out more: