Support Planning is one of the primary tools used in housing related support. Under Supporting People emphasis is placed on accurate needs assessments, the quality of support plans and the involvement of service users to ensure they receive a service that reflects their needs.
This course is intended to benefit:
· New line managers in supported housing
· Those who wish to review and improve their support planning processes
The principal aim of this course is to equip participants with the knowledge and confidence to implement effective support planning in their organisations.
By the end of the course, participants should:
· Understand how support planning fits within the Supporting People Framework
· Describe the principles underpinning support planning within the current social and political context
· Identify the role of the support worker within the support planning process
· Identify barriers to participation and how these can be overcome
· Develop a person-centred, outcomes approach to support planning
· Understand the benefits of support planning to the organisation, support workers and service users
· Managers aware of good practice in this area
· Organisation clear of Supporting People requirements regarding support planning
· End result of service users achieving their goals
The course will include refreshments. Places will be offered on a first come basis.
Costs: Cymorth members: £45 + VAT Non-members: £65 + VAT
(Including all materials and refreshments)