Place2Be Training in Counselling Skills for Working with Children Using Play and Creativity
- Friday, 03 August 2012
Place2Be has been a recognised training provider since 1997 and is currently supporting children in
over 150 schools across the UK, including 6 schools in Cardiff.
Owing to increased demand, Place2Be will be providing the following counselling courses in Cardiff in 2012/13:
• Taster Day: Counselling Children Workshops
• Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills for Working with Children (Foundation)
These courses promote the use of play and creative methods to enable children to express themselves and to support them in finding ways to flourish.
Place2Be courses are ideal for those interested in any of the following:
• Gaining counselling skills in using play to enhance their communication with children.
• Pursuing a career in child counselling or in the childcare workforce.
• Progressing to higher level counselling training.
• Gaining the skills needed to apply for a position as a Place2Be volunteer counsellor.
Taster Day: Counselling Children Workshop
This 1-day workshop provides you the opportunity to:
• Experience the use of play, creative materials, and games to support counselling and communication.
• Complete the first part of the assessment and interview process for those wishing to apply for the Level 3 in Counselling Skills for Working with Children (Foundation) Course.
• Gain in depth knowledge about Place2Be and our training courses.
All Taster Days run from 9:30am - 5:00pm on the following dates:
• Friday 28 September 2012
• Friday 30 November 2012
• Friday 25 January 2013
Cost: £75. Taster Day cost will be deducted from the Level 3 Certificate course fee for successful
Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills for Working with Children (Foundation)
This 15-week Level 3 CPCAB accredited course:
• Further develops counselling skills and theory for working with and caring for children.
• Provides access to progression routes with Higher Education partners.
• Successful completion qualifies students to become a volunteer counsellor with Place2Be.
Interested parties must attend a Taster Day: Counselling Children Workshop before applying (see
above for more information on Taster Days).
Starting 4 March 2013, the Level 3 Certificate Course meets Mondays 9:30am - 5:00pm for 15 weeks.
Cost: Only £1,500 – Subsidised by funding from the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund.
How to find out more