Care to Visit Campaign: A fresh standard of care home accountability
- Thursday, 12 July 2012
Human rights organisation, FreshTies, has received calls from individuals worried and concerned about family members in care homes.
There are good care homes. FreshTies wants them all to be to the same minimum standard of excellence.
FreshTies proposes Independent Volunteer Care Home Visitors as a confidential listening ear / advocate for residents, and family members.
Their reports could provide a central log of concerns (as well as good practice). Then the inspection body and local authority would have a basis for investigation, and family members / residents are no longer lone voices.
Currently, the inspection of care homes is covered by the Care Quality Commission ('CQC'). This proposal would assist the CQC with its inspection capacity. Nonetheless, FreshTies feels that the CQC should not be informing care homes, in advance, of an inspection.
What you can do
Help bring about dignity and basic human rights for people who are often without a voice.
- Help develop this proposal
- Spread the word
- Express your concerns
- Tell FreshTies how it could be
- Career opportunities for 16- to 19-year-old NEETs
- Huggard is now offering catering
- Do you want to help shape the future of volunteering and mentoring?
- Project to help organisations in criminal justice show they are ‘impact ready’ for payment by results contracts
- 'Youth On Boards' project for 18- to 25-year-olds