Call for Third Sector Representatives - current vacancies
- Tuesday, 26 June 2012
To ensure our member organisations are well represented and their voice is heard within the Cardiff Partnership Board and its programmes of work, we are responsible for facilitating and recruiting a pool of third sector representatives.
There are already third sector representatives on a host of working groups and task groups that would sit under these workstreams, but we need to make sure we have the right representation on the workstreams themselves, and Programme Boards too.
We have recently appointed 15 new reps to sit on the Programme Boards and Workstreams.
New model or representation
We have devised a new model of representation – to ensure influence, accountability and action for third sector representatives sitting on Programme Boards and Workstreams.C3SC worked on this with attendees at the 'Day for Third Sector Representatives', which was held in January (see picture).
Here are the stages of this new model:
- 1.C3SC communicates the need for representatives.
- 2.Representatives contact C3SC to register interest.
- 3.C3SC officers select potential representatives.
- 4.C3SC allocates representatives to each workstream, based on skills and experience.
- 5.Third sector representatives form a Partnership Peer Council with C3SC’s Chief Officer.
The C3SC Partnership Council held its first meeting on 29 May where we discussed ideas for closer working and taking forward a programme of work. Future relevant papers will be posted on our website.
Here are the current vacancies:
1) One third sector representative to sit on the Youth Engagement Workstream (under Families and Young People's Programme Board)
2) Three third sector representative to sit on the Early Intervention and Prevention Steering Group (under Families and Young People Programme Board)
3) One third sector representative to sit on the Intra City Public Transport Workstream (under Urban Environment Programme Board)
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming a Third Sector Representative, please complete the application form.
Please contact Leoni or Kevin if you have any questions.