How Business in the Community can help your organisation
- Wednesday, 30 May 2012
Business in the Community is a charity which promotes responsible business practice and work with businesses who want to make a positive impact on their local communities by volunteering their time, labour, and expertise.
On Friday 18 May Business in the Community celebrated their national volunteering day, called ‘Give & Gain Day’. The day was a huge success, and across Wales they engaged nearly 900 volunteers in community projects at schools, homeless shelters, youth centres, and other community groups.
After the success of Give & Gain Day, Business in the Community is focusing on new volunteering projects for the months of June/July and the autumn - and they would be very happy to hear from you about any ‘practical’ projects they could help you with at your organisation.
Here are some more details about the sort of projects they do:
- Volunteers are from local businesses
- Volunteers commit to a full day’s work
- Projects can be completed indoors and outdoors
- Tasks could include painting, decorating, gardening, repairs, etc.
- Ideally projects involve 8-12 volunteers (but projects can be made up of different tasks and they have larger teams as well)
- Some volunteers are able to fundraise/source donations
If you have a project you would like Business in the Community to get involved in, they would like to hear from you.