'Hear to Meet' in Thornhill - for adults (50 years+) with hearing loss
- Wednesday, 23 May 2012
Hear to Meet is a social get-together for adults (fifty years plus) who have experience of hearing loss, funded by the Big Lottery AdvantAGE fund.
They might wear hearing aids, identify as hard of hearing or consider themselves to be deaf. They might be socially isolated or might be confident and outgoing. Hear to Meet is simply a chance for adults to get together, meet new people and share interests and experiences! Plus there’ll be tea and cake too.
The first Hear to Meet will be happening in Thornhill Church Centre (opposite Sainsbury’s) on Thursday 31 May 2012 from 2-4pm. This group will then meet on the last Thursday of every month.
For people with a more severe hearing loss, they might appreciate someone making the first call for them. Referral forms are available. Alternatively, any adult (50+) who recognises they have some hearing loss are welcome to drop in on the day.
Hear to Meet will shortly be starting in other locations – Cardiff Central, Talbot Green, Swansea, Caerphilly.
- Career opportunities for 16- to 19-year-old NEETs
- Huggard is now offering catering
- Do you want to help shape the future of volunteering and mentoring?
- Project to help organisations in criminal justice show they are ‘impact ready’ for payment by results contracts
- 'Youth On Boards' project for 18- to 25-year-olds