FREE Brief Intervention for Smoking Cessation course
- Thursday, 17 May 2012
Stop Smoking Wales is pleased to offer a free one-day brief intervention training course.
What is brief intervention training for smoking cessation?
Brief intervention is a method of discussing smoking and quitting in a positive, non-confrontational way to encourage smokers to think about giving up and enable them to access specialist support when they are ready.
Who is the training for?
This training is suitable for all professionals who come into contact with smokers on a regular basis.
What will the training cover?
· Smoking-related issues and concerns, prevalence, recent changes to the law, the health risks of smoking and the benefits of quitting
· Understanding why people smoke and why it can be difficult to quit
· Recognising when a person may be ready to quit
· Developing practical skills to make effective brief interventions
· How to refer to Stop Smoking Wales and what the service offers
Who is delivering the training?
The training has been developed by Stop Smoking Wales practitioners and is accredited through the Royal College of Nursing and Agored Cymru (formerly Open College Network Cymru). The course will be delivered through the medium of English.
How much does the training cost?
The course is free. If you book a place but are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so we can offer the place to someone else. Cancellation must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the start of the course or a non-attendance fee of £75 may be charged.
- 26th November
|Tue May 28 12:00 AM|
The Basics of the Equality Act (2010)
|Tue May 28 09:30 AM - 12:30 PM|
Do you have questionnaires or feedback forms gathering dust in your organisation?
|Tue May 28 11:00 AM - 02:30 PM|
The Carers' Centre for Cardiff & The Vale Summer Bazaar