Green volunteering in Wales – building on good practice
- Thursday, 26 April 2012
This is a publication summarising the findings of action research projects and volunteering impact assessments undertaken by organisations involving green volunteers in their work.
It contains some useful information for developing good practice in volunteer management and complements the existing good practice information on the WCVA website and more resources directly related to green volunteering will be added to the website.
There is a focus on ‘green’ volunteering; however the insight and information will also help organisations involving volunteers in other settings. 'Green volunteering in Wales – building on good practice' also contains helpful contributions from other organisations who involve green volunteers in their work.
Issues covered range from recruiting volunteers from deprived areas, communicating with volunteers and using volunteer reviews. The Countryside Council for Wales also shares its ‘Come Outside!’ research on making volunteering a ‘memorable experience’.
- Career opportunities for 16- to 19-year-old NEETs
- Huggard is now offering catering
- Do you want to help shape the future of volunteering and mentoring?
- Project to help organisations in criminal justice show they are ‘impact ready’ for payment by results contracts
- 'Youth On Boards' project for 18- to 25-year-olds