The future of Communities First consultation events - BRG Cluster (Butetown, Riverside and Grangetown)
- Wednesday, 11 April 2012
Communities First – Tackling Poverty
The Communities First programme in Wales is about to go through a significant change, and we would like to invite you to attend consultation events to help define the priorities in Butetown, Riverside and Grangetown over the next three years. Cardiff Third Sector Council (C3SC) is developing the proposal to deliver the programme in this area in a partnership agreement with the South Riverside Community Development Centre.
Three of the major changes to the Communities First programme are:
- A clear focus on supporting three key outcomes:
o Prosperous Communities
o Learning Communities
o Healthier Communities.
- The move to larger Cluster areas - projects currently in Butetown, Grangetown and Riverside will become one Cluster.
- The Outcomes will be measurable using Results Based Accountability (RBA) - that is, we’ll need to demonstrate the difference we have made to the community by showing How Much we’ve done, How Well we’ve done it and Who’s Better Off as a result.
We are holding a series of events to begin exploring each of the Outcomes. We are targeting invitations to people we are aware have strong understanding and opinions on these issues. The sessions will help to gather information on the current situation and identify possible ways forward. Questions will include:
· What are the main issues / challenges facing these communities?
· What provision and services are available?
· What are the gaps?
· What should Communities First prioritise going forward?
The 3 events will be held in the week of 16th April:
· The Prosperous Communities consultation will take place in Butetown at the Greek Cypriot Community Centre (Greek Church Street) on Monday 16th April from 12pm to 4pm
· The Learning Communities consultation will take place in Riverside at the Riverside Warehouse (Machen Place) on Thursday 19th April from 10am to 2pm
· The Healthy Communities consultation will take place in Grangetown at The Samaj (Mardy Street) on Friday 20th April from 9:30am to 1pm
There will be an opportunity at each session to comment on the other Outcomes. You can download a booking form here.
These events are targeted at people living and delivering services in the Butetown, Riverside and Grangetown areas. Feel free to come to as many as you like, but please try to let us know as soon as possible so we can plan how the sessions will work best.
If you are not able to attend a session but would like to feed into the consultation, please email Katie at the email below.
If you are unable to attend these designated sessions, we are also running drop-in sessions (which are each open to anyone from the whole Cluster area). These will be publicised widely in Butetown, Riverside and Grangetown, and take place on:
- Thursday 12th April from 3:30pm to 6:30pm in Atlantic House, Dumballs Road, Butetown
- Thursday 19th April from 3:30pm to 6:30pm in the Wyndham Street Centre, Wyndham Street, Riverside
- Thursday 26th April from 3pm to 6pm at Fitzalan High School
For more information about Communities First, including up to date guidance for the next phase, visit: www.wales.gov.uk/communitiesfirst
|Wed May 22 12:00 AM|
Mental Health Today Wales
|Wed May 22 09:00 AM - 12:30 PM|
Refugees in Wales: How to foster diversity and access skills
|Wed May 22 10:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
C3SC training: Social Media Strategies
|Fri May 24 07:00 PM - 10:00 PM|
‘Big Band: Big Night’
|Sat May 25 11:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
ME Awareness Day
|Tue May 28 12:00 AM|
The Basics of the Equality Act (2010)