Call for Third Sector Representatives
- Tuesday, 28 February 2012
To ensure our member organisations are well represented and their voice is heard on the Integrated Partnership Board, we will be recruiting a pool of third sector representatives.
We are hoping to appoint 30 representatives – one to sit on each of the seven Programme Boards and one to sit on each of the 23 workstreams.
There are already third sector representatives on a host of working groups and task groups that would sit under these workstreams, but we need to make sure we have the right representation on the workstreams themselves, and Programme Boards too.
New model or representation
We have devised a new model of representation – to ensure influence, accountability and action for third sector representatives sitting on Programme Boards and Workstreams.C3SC worked on this with attendees at the 'Day for Third Sector Representatives', which was held in January (see picture).
Here are the stages of this new model:
- 1.C3SC communicates the need for representatives.
- 2.Representatives contact C3SC to register interest.
- 3.C3SC officers interview potential representatives.
- 4.C3SC allocates representatives to each workstream, based on skills and experience.
- 5.Third sector representatives form a Partnership Peer Council with C3SC’s Chief Officer.
We have set up a small working group to look at the skills required by third sector representatives and to design criteria for interviews. And then, by the end of March, we will be presenting a paper to the Integrated Partnership Board.
Are you interested in becoming a representative?
- Career opportunities for 16- to 19-year-old NEETs
- Huggard is now offering catering
- Do you want to help shape the future of volunteering and mentoring?
- Project to help organisations in criminal justice show they are ‘impact ready’ for payment by results contracts
- 'Youth On Boards' project for 18- to 25-year-olds