C3SC training opportunities for you in March
- Monday, 20 February 2012
We still have spaces on our training courses in March - so get in touch today to book your place.
Making Assets Work - Thursday 8 March 2012 (9.45am - 4.00pm)
This course is suitable for staff and board members of frontline voluntary and community organisations with a responsibility for strategic direction and fundraising. The course is suitable for experienced fundraisers wishing to gain an insight into asset-based development and how it can assist their organisation to become financially sustainable.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of asset-based development;
- Decide if asset-based development is an option;
- Appreciate the skills required to develop, manage and ensure the long-term sustainability of such ventures;
- Explore sources of funding and finance for assets.
Child Protection/Safeguarding - Wednesday 14 March 2012 (9.45am - 3.00pm)
This course is an introduction to child protection and is suitable for anybody working with children or who has contact with children in general.
This course will help you to:
- Understand legislation in relation to child protection
- Consider 'best practice' in relation to your responsibility for reporting child abuse
- Identify signs of abuse and how to deal with disclosure
- Examine the essential elements of a child protection policy for your organisation
Location: The Salvation Army, Corporation Road, Grangetown, Cardiff CF11 7AY
Please be aware that we can only accept a maximum of two participants per organisation. This course is not open to statutory and private organisations, and priority will be given to current full C3SC members. Voluntary organisations that are not currently C3SC members but are based within Cardiff are welcome to apply.
Charity Annual Accounts and Audit - Friday 16 March 2012 (9.45am - 4.00pm)
This course is suitable for managers and finance support workers who need to have a bit more in-depth knowledge on compliance with Charity Commission.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of effective financial management and control within a
- Have an overview of the role of the Charity Commission
- Be able to explain the significance of the SORP and be able to advise Trustees of
- Be able to describe the audit and reporting requirements in relation to their own organisation
Unless stated, the above courses take place at C3SC offices in Brunel House, 2 Fitzalan Road, Cardiff CF24 0EB.
|Tue May 21 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM|
South East Wales Participation Network
|Tue May 21 12:00 PM - 02:00 PM|
FreshTies Open Day
|Tue May 21 02:00 PM - 06:30 PM|
Launch of the new Butetown Community Centre
|Tue May 21 06:00 PM - 08:00 PM|
DUET: Dementia awareness training
|Wed May 22 12:00 AM|
Mental Health Today Wales
|Wed May 22 09:00 AM - 12:30 PM|
Refugees in Wales: How to foster diversity and access skills