Oasis Cardiff Engagement Gateway - working to get you working
- Monday, 30 January 2012
The Oasis Cardiff Engagement Gateway is designed to be distinctly people centred; offering intensive and direct attention to people who are economically inactive (not claiming JSA or ESA).
The programme aims to move each individual towards employment by building their experience, character and attitude, giving them work experience and developing their skills.
Oasis Cardiff is delivering this programme in partnership with the Gate Arts and Community Centre.
Each participant will have a personalised 13-week timetable, which will include:
· work placements in different departments of The Gate Arts and Community Centre and other partner organisations;
· individual projects;
· regular one-to-one mentorship;
· participation in, and leadership of, weekly team meetings;
· presentation skills tuition and experience;
· intensive personal development through an award winning course;
· as well as diverse training opportunities.
Timetables will be tailored to each person, encompassing their strengths and reflecting their needs so as to challenge and develop; enabling personal growth and building confidence.
A Job Club specifically designed for the project will provide tuition and support in interview practice, CV writing and job hunting.
Work experience placements cover many areas of interest: from reception cover to bar work; from drama to IT; from youth work to administration and many more.
If you, or someone you know, is interested in enrolling on the programme, or would like to know more, please contact Emma or Tim. Here are their contact details:
029 2048 3344
029 2073 0370