Welsh Government is looking to appoint members for Tackling Poverty External Advisory Group
- Tuesday, 17 January 2012
The Welsh Programme for Government sets out the key areas of activity to tackle poverty. To deliver this agenda, a tackling poverty action plan, which will be published in March 2012, will set out the detailed contribution which the Welsh Government will make to this agenda.
Reason for appointments
The Minister for Local Government and Communities has responsibility for leading this work and wishes to establish an external advisory group to provide advice on the implementation of the Tackling Poverty Action Plan.
Members of the group will be expected to have a clear understanding of the issues facing the Welsh Government in tackling poverty.
Their remit will be to:
· Provide expert, evidence-based advice to the Welsh Government on the implementation and further policy requirements necessary to deliver the Tacking Poverty Action Plan in Wales.
· Consider and comment on the progress of the Welsh Government in the attainment of its tackling-poverty targets as set out in Programme for Government and the Tackling Poverty Action Plan.
Members will be expected to commit a minimum of 4 days per year, two of which be for meetings, which are likely to be held in Cardiff.
They are seeking to appoint 12 expert members who will serve in a voluntary unpaid capacity. It is the policy of the Welsh Government to promote and integrate equality of opportunity into all aspects of its business including appointments to public bodies. It welcomes applications from groups currently under-represented including women, minority ethnic communities and disabled people. The principles of fair and open competition will apply and appointments will be made on merit.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 3 February 2012. Application forms received after this date will not be considered. It is expected to hold interviews during the week commencing 5 March 2012.
A large print, Braille or audio version of this advert can be obtained by request from 0300 0628313.
- Career opportunities for 16- to 19-year-old NEETs
- Huggard is now offering catering
- Do you want to help shape the future of volunteering and mentoring?
- Project to help organisations in criminal justice show they are ‘impact ready’ for payment by results contracts
- 'Youth On Boards' project for 18- to 25-year-olds
|Tue May 21 10:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
C3SC training: Planning Ahead
|Tue May 21 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM|
South East Wales Participation Network
|Tue May 21 12:00 PM - 02:00 PM|
FreshTies Open Day
|Tue May 21 02:00 PM - 06:30 PM|
Launch of the new Butetown Community Centre
|Tue May 21 06:00 PM - 08:00 PM|
DUET: Dementia awareness training
|Wed May 22 12:00 AM|
Mental Health Today Wales