Cardiff Third Sector Learning and Enterprise Network
Does your organisation provide opportunities for learning or social enterprise? Cardiff’s Third Sector Learning and Enterprise Network is a collective group of third sector organisations that work in the learning and social enterprise field in Cardiff.
Launched in October 2011, the Network aims to:
Bring together third sector organisations to liaise, connect and share thinking, learning and good practice
Help you gain knowledge of the sector’s contribution by mapping existing activities, analysing needs and highlighting gaps in existing services
Contribute to strategic knowledge and direction
Create a mandated voice to feed into, and influence, other regional and national networks
The following priorities for the Network have been identified:
- Improving online resources and linking between Cardiff Third Sector Council (C3SC) and inclusion organisations - bringing out learner- and provider-led information, giving attention to the complexity of the information and in a user-friendly format. Promoting and managing the flow of information and keeping it up to date. Raising awareness of network organisations and what they can offer, so that appropriate signposting and referrals can take place.
- Funding for essential skills and to meet the needs of grass roots organisations and communities (funding and commissioning).
- Linking to Cardiff Community Learning Network; two-way flow of communication and C3SC’s role of managing the communication across the breadth of the sector and different types of organisations.
The Network meets twice a year. Date of the Network's next meeting: to be confirmed.
There is a steering group to lead the direction of the Network, made up of 11 members representing a diversity of third sector organisations. Thoria will be working with the steering group, to encourage involvement and representation; and to assist in the development and implementation of the Network’s action plan. Thanks to all those who have put themselves forward. Here is a list of steering group members:
- Henna Cheema - Princes Trust Cymru
- Katie Cooke - People Can
- Laura Davies - The Women Workshop Cardiff Training Centre
- Sofing Hassan - WESTA Services
- Cheryl Kellar - Cardiff Council
- Dina Khalidi - Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Linda Nicklin - The Place2Be
- Laura O’keeffe - VCS
- Mr Darzen Nozinic - Foundation for Refugees Education Ltd (FRED)
- Mr Mohamed Yusef - Horn DevelopmentAssociate Limited
- Mr Gerald Puttock - ACE Cardiff
Mohamed Yusef will be acting as an interim Chair for the network for a period of four months, ending May 2012. A Chair will then be elected from the steering group members.
Membership is free and this is an exciting time to join the network.
Third Sector Organisations' Intelligence Data
The information shares with the sector will be: what you do, your funder, number of learners per month, and the gaps and challenges you're facing. Your information will be promoted and accessible through the Cardiff Inclusion website.
News and other info
- As part of Adult Learners' Week 2013, on Friday 24 May (7-10pm), The Cardiff Story Museum is holding 'Big Band: Big Night' - an event to relive the 1940s, 50s and 60s through live music.
- Connecting Learners: Best Practice Guides - Connecting Learners Project has developed a series of Best Practice Guides aimed at employer partners, learners and Union Learning Reps. Here are the titles of the guides: 'Encouraging Reading', 'Find Out and Fund It', 'Employability Skills' and 'Learning Pathway into Social Care'. You can access the guides here.
- On the Welsh Government's Business Wales website, you can access Finance, Funding and Support, which links to the UK-wide Business Support and Finance Finder. This tool helps businesses find out about the public sector support schemes available to them.
- New fund to invest in social enterprise.
- Work Programme data - updated release: additional analysis from Inclusion.
- Are you involved in the delivery of computer courses?
A meeting was held with the Inclusion Cardiff website officer on 10 February 2012 to discuss the prelaunch of the Inclusion Cardiff as a live website for Cardiff Community Learning Network (CCLN). You can read the minutes of the CCLN website meeting and CCLN newsletter here.
Please use the website to set up your login and to spread the word about your organisation's news, upcoming event, training and learning opportunities. If you're a Network member you can give information updates and feedback via the Inclusion Cardiff website.
To find out more:
|Wed May 22 12:00 AM|
Mental Health Today Wales
|Wed May 22 09:00 AM - 12:30 PM|
Refugees in Wales: How to foster diversity and access skills
|Wed May 22 10:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
C3SC training: Social Media Strategies
|Fri May 24 07:00 PM - 10:00 PM|
‘Big Band: Big Night’