Cardiff South East
Thoria Mohamed - your Third Sector Officer for Cardiff South East,
and city-wide portfolio: Thriving and Prosperous Economy
(029) 2048 5722
I'm the third sector officer for Cardiff South East and Cardiff North. I also facilitate the Cardiff Third Sector Learning and Enterprise Network. I've worked in the third sector for over a decade and a half with some of society's vulnerable groups, including victims of domestic violence, ethnic minorities, children with disabilities, refugees and asylum seekers. I believe third sector organisations make an inspiring contribution to social justice and social inclusion.
Cardiff South East is made up of:
Plasnewydd is one of the Communities First areas in Cardiff. Find out more about Communities First here.
Neighbourhood Management Team priorities for Cardiff South East
Cardiff South East NMT Forum has set up three task groups to focus on the following specific themes (in line with the What Matter’s Strategy):
- 1. Addressing 'Disadvantage and Promoting Social Inclusion and Belonging' Neighbourhood Task Group to include ethnic diversity, homelessness, EU Roma, Older People, BME groups, Students, Reducing economic inactivity, substance misuse
- 2. Improving Outcomes for Children and Young People Neighbourhood Task Group
- 3. Promoting a Clean and Attractive Neighbourhood Task Group
Health, domestic abuse and sexual violence, substance misuse etc. will be cross cutting workstreams.
The Task Groups will identify key priorities for action and set about developing a focussed plan of action around specific issues across the Cardiff South East Neighbourhood Area.
If you have any issues or data intelligence concerning your organisation and your service users, please forward them to me as it is imperative that the third sector is represented in the action plan for the area.
Cardiff Third Sector Forum
Get together with other third sector organisations - to share ideas and keep up to date with what's happening in our sector in Cardiff. During the meeting there will be an opportunity to split into geographical areas to explore local delivery and issues at a Neighbourhood Management level.
Date of next meeting: to be confirmed.
Your local representatives
To find the name of your local councillor, visit the Cardiff Council website and enter your postcode on the top right of the page.
Visit www.theyworkforyou.com to discover the name of your MP.
Please get in touch if you have any news or information you'd like to share.
- Career opportunities for 16- to 19-year-old NEETs
- Huggard is now offering catering
- Do you want to help shape the future of volunteering and mentoring?
- Project to help organisations in criminal justice show they are ‘impact ready’ for payment by results contracts
- 'Youth On Boards' project for 18- to 25-year-olds
|Tue May 21 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM|
South East Wales Participation Network
|Tue May 21 12:00 PM - 02:00 PM|
FreshTies Open Day
|Tue May 21 02:00 PM - 06:30 PM|
Launch of the new Butetown Community Centre
|Tue May 21 06:00 PM - 08:00 PM|
DUET: Dementia awareness training
|Wed May 22 12:00 AM|
Mental Health Today Wales
|Wed May 22 09:00 AM - 12:30 PM|
Refugees in Wales: How to foster diversity and access skills